Improves Installation, Configuration and Management Experience for Resellers and Customers
eCopy® ShareScan® 5.1, the new release of the world’s best-selling document scanning and workflow solution for networked multifunction printers (MFPs) and scanners is now available. The new version enhances the ease and flexibility of installing, deploying and using eCopy ShareScan for Nuance partners and their customers.
eCopy ShareScan runs embedded on the market’s leading MFP vendors including Canon, HP, Xerox, Ricoh and Konica Minolta, while also supporting any networked MFP and scanning vendor via eCopy ShareScan ScanStation software. eCopy ShareScan’s ability to support any brand MFP and nearly every device makes it an ideal solution for vendors and customers with mixed fleet environments.
eCopy ShareScan is the ideal scanning companion to print management solutions, with seamless integration with products such as Nuance Equitrac®, Nuance SafeCom® and other third-party applications. The power of eCopy scanning and workflow combined with print management supports key features such as single sign-on, card access, secure scanning, scan audit and cost recovery.
Additional new features and benefits of eCopy ShareScan 5.1 include:
- Faster setup and deployment – The new Profile Migration Tool reduces set-up time and includes options to export or import ShareScan configurations. A best practices guide helps support the most common migration scenarios, and sample pre-configured workflow exports are provided to enable rapid set up of complex capture processing for resellers and customers. These enhancements reduce the overall cost for enterprises and enable resellers to provide greater value to their customers.
- Installation enhancements – Wizard-driven installer reduces the time to install eCopy ShareScan to as little as 7 minutes.
- Reduced TCO – eCopy ShareScan 5.1 is now bundled with more copies of eCopy PDF Pro Office, the company’s powerful desktop software which allows users to create, view, convert, edit and collaborate with 100 percent industry-standard PDF files, increasing the value and lowering Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Improved User Experience – The new release lets users complete scan jobs at the MFP in fewer steps and requires fewer transitions between processes to get jobs completed. It also automates scan-to-self and ad-hoc scanning to reduce time spent at the device.
- The Most Accurate Scanning – Improvements to Nuance’s market-leading OmniPage OCR technology means conversion of documents from paper to digital is fast and accurate. Paper can be converted with the highest level of accuracy into fully formatted Microsoft Word and Excel documents, as well as searchable PDF files.
- Enhanced Forms Processing Extender – eCopy ShareScan’s Forms Processing Extender (FPE) can now recognize forms five times faster than previously, while also improving recognition accuracy and adding additional Barcode support options
- Improved Enterprise readiness – Database improvements enable eCopy Sharescan to fit right into enterprise environments with improved account and permission options as well as improved database clustering support.